How Good is OCR

The heart of open education is about sharing resources. This term is usually used for the mix of educational resources, practices, policies, and communities that can provide board access to opportunities for everyone. In terms of What open means particularly is that it is not just that the resource is free but that it also comes with a set of permissions about how you can use that resource.

Open education resources are teaching, learning and research materials in any medium: digital or otherwise that reside in the public domain or have been released under an open license. they permit no-cost access to adaptation and redistribution by others with no limited restriction.

we are now in this much more information abundant, resource abundant era of the Internet. Many creators are challenged by the consequences brought to us by the well-developed internet. many creators are mostly facing copyright issues about how products of human creativity are used. Products of human creativity can be any stuff. it can be logos, academics books, articles, music, arts, etc. The copyright law grants an exclusive set of rights to the creator of products so that the creator can prevent others from copying or adopting her work for a set amount of time.

So while copyright places restrictions on showing creations online, the Internet provides plenty of opportunities to share active resources to collaborate on creations. The Creative Commons is one of the licenses that help creators around the world to share their works legally. Open licenses have been used by different global movements and urban education in culture government size art etc. The license usually is under the global standard.

Here is a model created by Andrew Duffy. (http://www.oercommons.org/courses/constant-acceleration-same-physics/view) It is a 2D model on the relationship between time and displacement in various conditions. There is a cc license logo by the materials meaning it has a license. It is very helpful when it comes to understanding the basic yet important concept of physics in an efficient but simple way.

It is a very well made model with very clear content and various display options. The user can view and even compare the distribution of velocity under different conditions. This material is suitable for teachers to display in their lectures to help their students obtain a better understanding without having to spend a whole lot of time to build a model like that. It is also very handy for learners if they wish to get access to good material created by experts outside the school. I used this resource for better knowledge over the linear relationship between time and displacement, and this resource helped me a lot in my physics class.

To me, it is a good OER. The material perfectly addresses the information that I am looking for. by exploring the physics model I get to set the time and observe the displacement myself, and it is quite fun. It is simple but professionally accurate. the quality is also nice. It enables me to observe the differences between different motions. The model is not accessible enough since it can not be downloaded and used in a PowerPoint. it can only be run on browsers.

Just like all other OERs, This physics model is about using all the resources to extend our collaborative inclusive accessible and active learning.It gives more opportunities for students and teachers.